Kuiphof Family Blog

Share your latest news and stories!

[Click on the "login" tab above to log in and post.]

What are some of your favorite family memories?

One of mine is from when Sara, Rachel & I were kids... when Aunt Julie would come over, we'd cover her head and hair with "hair things" (i.e., barrettes, hair twisties, bobby pins, etc.) until her entire head was COVERED with them! :) I'm sure we have a picture of that somewhere... if I find one I will post it. :)


Another is camping when we were growing up. I LOVED camping. I'm not so sure my dad did sometimes because he had to do all of the work... setting it all up and then taking it all down. It was just gravy for us! We LOVED it! I miss those years SO much.

I also loved my 22nd birthday that I spent in Colorado. Aunt Julie decorated a sombrero for me with fringe and blinky lights so it looked like a lamp shade (it was HILARIOUS!) and it had "22" in huge text on the front. We had all gone to Red Robin (I think that was it) and Julie took it in from her car and surprised me. I had to wear it the whole time we were there (yeah, like that wasn't embarrassing) and then they tied balloons to different parts of my hair so they were floating around with my hair attached, out from underneath the sombrero lampshade. AND... they had our waiter serenade "Happy Birthday" to me... down on one knee with a ukelele and everything! That was, by FAR, the craziest bithday I ever had, but I'm sure one of the most memorable. :) I love my FAMILY! :)

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh my gosh!!! I remember that birthday!!! Was it Red Robin or TGI Friday?? Because TGIF did the same thing to my hair too on my 24th birthday. Wow...I suddenly feel VERY old.

Janna said...

LOL... that is so funny. It may have been TGI Fridays... I'm not sure. But that was crazy, wasn't it? I know I have some pictures from that... I'll have to dig through them and scan a few. :)

Followers: