I just received notice this morning that there were 2 casualties from Eric's battalion. Eric is in Alpha Co, they were in Charlie Co attached to the unit from Indiana. They both had young families. On Tuesday of this week, I missed his phone call although he did leave a short message. I checked my email to see if he'd written and found a notice from my key volunteer that one from Alpha Co had been shot in the upper leg by an Iraqi sniper, but had already had surgery and been in contact with his family.
Last Thursday I had a nice lengthy phone call from Eric. He said he is just across the Euphrates River from Fallujah in what would be here, a large housing development. Conditions are pretty good as far as living goes, the house has computers and a phone. Their meals are brought in and are good. The people living around there are either happy the Marines are there, or are indifferent. The children love them, and they like to get notepads and pens or markers. Eric would like to collect some to give out.
Please keep them in prayer for safety and strength--that God will protect them and they will lean on Him and share that strength with others. And remember those two grieving families in Indiana.
[Click on the "login" tab above to log in and post.]

1 comments:
Yikes! I am still praying. That is so sad about those two young Marine's who died. Did they just get out there at the same time that Eric's group did?
Post a Comment