Kuiphof Family Blog

Share your latest news and stories!

[Click on the "login" tab above to log in and post.]

Latest from Aunt Carol...

Dear Friends and Family,

I heard yesterday that when Eric called on Wednesday he had been moved to the 28th Combat Surgical Hospital in Baghdad. Tonight I received a call from Lt. Col. Rossi that Eric moved today to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany. I still have no idea about surgery or prognosis for him. Rossi said that one of the two other Marines injured at the same time communicated to his parents that he would be leaving for San Diego (Camp Pendleton) early next week.

I don't know the extent of the others injuries, but I assume that Eric will be going there also. Hopefully, I'll hear from him soon and have more information!

Thank you for your continued prayer support--I'll keep you posted, Ü Carol


Update:

Dear Friends and Family,

Eric called from Germany this morning and sounded much more like his regular self! He is in good spirits, in fact, he's a little bored already!

His left leg is in a semi-cast and will need some surgery probably when he gets back to the States. He had a piece of shrapnel go through his right ankle but it didn't hit anything major, he can stand on it if he positions it just so. Another piece of shrapnel went through his cheek and took out a tooth! His right arm is pretty banged up but he said they were surface wounds and just cleaned up and left to heal.

The house they were using as a patrol base belonged to a known sniper and since he had lots of money was very well built. A medium sized mortar landed on the roof where Eric and two other Marines were guarding. The house did not collapse, his wounds were from the mortar blast. He was taken to Baghdad by Black Hawk helicopter which he was disappointed he couldn't fully appreciate and to Germany by a C-17 air ambulance.

When I told him that after I hung up from hearing about his injuries I spent the next 15 minutes thanking and praising God for sparing his life and for injuries that were not life-threatening. He said, "That's the first thing I did, too, when I realized I could move everything and talk!"

I'm not sure when he will be coming back to the States but he doesn't think he'll be in Germany long. He may have some internet access there and he does have some phone cards so hopefully he'll be in contact oftener now.

Thanks for your ongoing prayers that things will continue to improve! Ü Carol

0 comments:

Followers: