Kuiphof Family Blog

Share your latest news and stories!

[Click on the "login" tab above to log in and post.]

Our Rollercoaster

The last week has been absolutely crazy for Ben and me. As you know from our last post, we discovered on 5/17 that we were expecting baby #2. About a week later (5/25), I began spotting and subsequently bleeding. We believed at that point that I was miscarrying and just allowed my body to do what it needed to do. We left on 5/27 to take my niece back home to Idaho. It was during our trip out that I thought I completed the miscarriage (as I emailed to most everyone). Monday I just spent some time with my sister and with Ben, and then we left for home Tuesday morning. I called my OB, told them what happened, and made an appointment for the next day. Yesterday, 5/30, we went to my appointment, told my doc what happened, and prepared for the ultrasound. He looked around for a few moments and said, "Well, everything appears to be okay." I said, "So I DID pass everything...." He said turning around the screen, "No, everything is okay as in you're still pregnant." He then showed us the gestational sac, the fetal pole, and a heartbeat. He said he's still a little concerned because I'm still bleeding and he said that the baby's heartbeat was a little irregular, but growth is right on target for the dates I gave him, so he's cautiously optimistic, and wants to see me on a weekly basis for a while.

Ben and I are still stunned. We had already mourned the loss of our child, and now we're told that it's still alive! It's definitely a miracle, and we're thrilled...but very, VERY confused. So we could definitely use your prayers right now—for peace, grace, wisdom for my doctor, and for safety for both myself and the baby. We'll keep you all updated as we find out more.

1 comments:

Bill Julie Arbuckle said...

B&B, We understand about ups and downs in preg. I'll be continuing to pray!!

Followers: