Kuiphof Family Blog

Share your latest news and stories!

[Click on the "login" tab above to log in and post.]

Mary G's OK

I hate to make this message right after the beautiful pics of baby Elle, but I just wanted y'all to know that my mom is alright.
In case you didn't know, her church (New Life Church) was terrorized with a gunman today just after 1pm.
The news media at this point is reporting 1 member fatality and numerous wounded members. The gunman was also fatally shot by security.
In addition to what the news media is saying, (I get this from mom who talked to a friend who was either there, or her teen aged children were there) is that there are many more than just 3 people in the hospital - there are several teens who are in critical condition because they tried to stop the gunman. This friend also said that there were 4 bombs and that 2 of them went off.
Please pray for the families of all involved, for the church in general, and for mom. This is her Home! She really loves her church!

Thanks! Julie A.

3 comments:

Bill Julie Arbuckle said...

PS. What I forgot to say is that mom missed the gunman's entrance by about 10 mins! Praise The LORD!!

Janna said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! I only had heard of the shooting in Denver... not the one at Aunt Mary's church in Colorado Springs. I just looked it up online... I am SO glad that Mary is okay!!! What a horrifying experience! I am so sad for the families affected by this. They will be in my prayers. I know another young guy who goes to New Life church too... he's from Michigan (I went to school with him) but he moved to Colorado Springs two years ago... I really hope he is okay!!! I'll be following this story closely. Thanks for the heads up! Yikes... I am just SO glad that Mary is okay.... I can't imagine how scary that was.

Bill Julie Arbuckle said...

UPDATE: They've released the names of the, now, 2 members who died. They were sisters. Their dad is still in the hospital. Here's a link... I'm not sure how long it'll be available - sorry about that.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22186522/

Followers: