Kuiphof Family Blog

Share your latest news and stories!

[Click on the "login" tab above to log in and post.]

It's a Girl! And a new address!!

Once again Ben and I are completely shocked, but delighted to be adding a baby girl to the family! This pregnancy was so different from my last that we were convinced it was a boy! The tech checked 4 or 5 times for us during the course of my ultrasound yesterday, so we're as sure as we can be without an amnio. I would post pictures from the DVD they gave us, but it has a paper label, and I can't get it to spin up in my Macbook. But as soon as our move is done this weekend I'll try to get pictures up on our website (www.dakuipers.com). She's VERY feisty--just like her big sister. She seems to have the same M.O. of kicking the medical equipment and then turning away so they can't see or hear her. Providing I don't get so sick like I did with Adri, my due date is August 31st.

As for the name, as long as "she" doesn't come out looking like a "Matthew" ;-) her name will be Johanna Ruth (with the "a's" pronounced as in "father", not like the name Hannah), which put together means, "God is a gracious friend." And He definitely has been just that to us--coming along side us and walking with us hand in had through the toughest time either of us has ever experienced--single or married! As for history of the names, Johanna (God is gracious) comes from the same person that Adriana was named after, Johanna Adriana--Ben's paternal grandmother. Ruth (friend or companion) comes from both sides of the family, though the actual person she is named after is my great aunt Ruth Moseley who died as a child in the early 1900's from influenza. We don't want to be morbid...only honor a girl who likely would have been a great Moseley just like the rest.

And while I'm at it, I thought I'd give you all our new address and phone number, effective 4/19/08.

3760 Hazelwood Ct
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Phone: 719-265-5537

We could use your prayers for the move too, if you think about it. We began the whole process with a flat tire on the trailer that we're using to take all the stuff from my parents' house to our new house. We were supposed to drive that up today, but with the tire and lack of extra man-power yesterday, we decided just to wait until Saturday when my sister and brother-in-law can come over and help. And all I can do is sit here and be pregnant...not being able to pitch in is frustrating. The good news, though, is that the other 90% of our belongings in our storage unit is being moved FOR us by professional movers!

2 comments:

Janna said...

Woo hoo! So many reasons for congratulations! :) It's amazing how this year has been so packed full of blessings for you guys after last year being so difficult. I am SO grateful to God for that though. :) Congratulations again! I can't tell you how excited I am for you!!! :)

Christine said...

CONGRATULATIONS BRANDI AND BEN!!!!! What wonderful news all around...John & I are so happy for you :)

Followers: