Kuiphof Family Blog

Share your latest news and stories!

[Click on the "login" tab above to log in and post.]

The Unfortunate Playdate

This past Thursday I attended a playdate at a local church where they have a indoor play structure...it's awesome and the kids love it!! The ground is even cushioned so they don't get hurt if they fall. I was following Elle around on the play structure and she was going down some steps all by herself; doing a great job. On the last step she must have thought she had reached the landing...she "walked" off it not paying attention and jarred her leg pretty good. I thought she rolled her ankle. She cried for a little bit and then calmed down with the help of some goldfish crackers. She was fine until I tried to set her down and she wouldn't walk. So I put her in the car and drove home, tried it again...still wouldn't walk. So I put her down for a nap (she actually slept) and tried again when she woke up...still wouldn't walk! Janna and my Dad came over, so Janna came with me to the doctor's office while my dad watched Claire. About 3 hours later, Janna and I watched Elle get a purple cast from her toes to her diaper!! I would have never guessed by the way Elle acted that she had a fracture. What a little toughie!! According to the doctor, she had a "buckle" fracture in her front lower Tibia bone. They described it as similar to putting a dent in a styrofoam cup. It's a pretty common break in kids and it's also known as a "trampoline" or "bunk bed" fracture.

Here are some pictures of my little trooper...she is doing great. It's a bummer that she won't be able to swim or play in the sand...summer is about the worst time this could have happened. But she doesn't complain, sleeps well, and has already figured out how to walk on it! I'm so proud of her! ~Sara



0 comments:

Followers: