Kuiphof Family Blog

Share your latest news and stories!

[Click on the "login" tab above to log in and post.]

15 years...

... since my very first trip to Colorado! :) I know... what a silly thing to write about. But I was going through my old pictures and thought it was interesting that it has been 15 years since the first time I went to Colorado. Back in June of 1991, I went to Colorado, by myself, for the first time ever. I was 13 (almost 14) and bound & determined to go to Colorado once and for all! I had wanted to go for as long as I could remember... so I saved up my babysitting money and bought my plane ticket. (It was really cheap... $120 round trip from Chicago to Denver.) I remember being really nervous about flying, but the flight attendants knew I was a first-time flyer... and by myself... so they kept a close eye on me and made the experience a lot more fun. :)

I absolutely LOVED my trip! I spent two weeks out there and we did so much! I remember being completely blown away at how beautiful the mountains were/are and how huge they were. It was an awesome time! :) Here are some highlights from the trip. I know... a LOT of pictures... but I had to include a lot to touch on the highlights of the trip! :)


Donut Mill in Woodland Park, CO
I'm posing as the kid eating the donut... no surprise there! :)

Donut Mill in Woodland Park, CO
Aunt Marty is appropriately posing as the baker! :)

Departing Casa Bonita
Departing after a yummy meal at Casa Bonita. :)

Julie at Elitch Gardens amusement park
Julie at Elitch Gardens... looking dishly! :)

Me at Elitch Gardens amusement park
My trip with Aunt Julie to Elitch Gardens amusement park in Denver. :)

Me at General Palmer's castle
My trip with Aunt Mary to General Palmer's castle. :)

Julie & Bob
Julie & BOB!

Breckenridge Hot Tub Babes
Breckenridge Hot Tub Babes! :)

Me & Uncle Peak, waiting for Alpine Slide lift tickets
Me & Uncle Peak waiting for Alpine Slide lift tickets.

Waiting to ride the Alpine Slides in Breckenridge
Waiting to ride the Alpine Slides in Breckenridge.

Alpine Slides are awesome!
Alpine Slide madness!

Gathering for the 'Last Supper' at Marty & Pete's
Gathering for the "Last Supper" at Marty & Pete's.

Shout-out to Murphy!
Shout-out to Murphy

0 comments:

Followers: