I didn't think I'd ever get to this place and actually publish a post! I did write a fairly lengthy one that is off in cyberspace on who knows whose blog! But it didn't get here, so I'm trying again. Thanks, Janna, for thinking of doing this--I really appreciate keeping a little better tabs on everyone's lives!
Brad is working at Van Laan's this summer while waiting for something more in the civil engineering line to open up. Melissa, his very special female friend, is taking classes this summer in nursing at Calvin and working at American Eagle, Woodland. She has 2 years to go.
Eric is training at Camp Pendleton for deployment to Iraq in late September. He spent the July 4th weekend in LA with Chuck's cousin, Phil Oosterhouse, surfing and seeing the sights. There is a blog for his unit: http://www.usmc.mil/4thmardiv/24thmar/1stbn/CoA He also has a snail mail address: Reserve Support Unit; 1st Battalion, 24th Marines, Alpha Company; PO Box 555111; Camp Pendleton, CA 92055; Attn: Corporal Eric G Holkeboer. He will be home on leave July 30-Aug 6, back to Camp P. for 4 weeks desert training before deployment.
Steph is working part-time at: Scrap, Scribble, & Stick (a scrapbooking store); the Pines Golf Course driving the "beverage" cart; and doing painting jobs including the non-gratis one of the exterior of 7155 - 92nd St! She will continue at GRCC next fall to complete the Interior Design Associates program. She lives home, I mean she sleeps home--I rarely see her! She is in Poland on a mission trip July 6-22. There is a blog: http://polandmission2006.blogspot.com Check the very first picture on the site and see if you notice anyone strangely familiar!
I'm still at Big O Smokehouse 3 days a week and still enjoying it, have even discovered that I like fish! And I hardly notice the smell anymore. I'm working diligently on last year's summer project that never happened: redoing all the main floor woodwork. I have finished everything but the kitchen and the hutch. I am changing the stain color from medium dark oak to more of a mohagany/cherry in the kitchen and ebony for the hutch. It's a little scary, I spent two days adjusting the kitchen stain, but have found a good color I think. Nobody is here to advise me, so I hope everyone approves! It's a little late to change it now!
I'm going camping at Holland overflow Aug 6 - 12. It's a little up in the air if I'll actually be in on the 6th, that's the day Eric goes back to Midway airport, but you're all invited to lot #181 for a fire, and any of the days/nights for beach sitting or boat watching or ice cream getting! I think that's enough updating for one sitting!
[Click on the "login" tab above to log in and post.]

1 comments:
Cool! :) Thanks for the update! I'm glad that you figured it out... I know it can be really confusing if you're not used to it. :)
Post a Comment