I am the proud new owner of a titanium rod. I keep it in my tibia. The puncture through my right ankle makes it interesting to crutch around, but I had surgery on my hand a few days ago to repair the tendons and get some shrapnel out. That hand makes crutching impossible, so I now have a walker with a platform for my right arm. It's a bit tiring, but I'm getting better. I also have a wheelchair for when I have to get in a car and get around. I went with Timmer and Hardy tonight and saw 300 at the IMAX in Irvine. I stay at a place on base just for wounded combat vets. It's new and really nice. There are TVs, videos games, movies, books, free cable, pool tables, and free internet, which is good because I'll be here a while. I have to wait to get a tooth implant, and it's a lengthy process. I'll be able to take convalescent leave, and I've accrued a lot of leave since last April, so I'll be able to come home a bit. That's about it for now. Thanks for the prayers, as always.Eric
[Click on the "login" tab above to log in and post.]
Haha... I'm glad to see his sense of humor is still intact! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment