Dear Friends & Family,Eric had his hand surgery yesterday afternoon. They found a few holes in the tendon that they repaired. He will need therapy on that hand as well as his leg. I talked to him last night and he was feeling pretty good. They've given him a walker that has an elbow hold on it since his one hand is out of commission, so I guess there's no rest for him!
They expected to move him to the Wounded Warriors facility today. It is near the hospital so they can get him there easily for therapy. I'm not sure how much medical supervision is given there but assume it's something more than regular barracks. He is considering staying at Camp Pendleton for his entire healing process, but he would be able to come home on leave occasionally.
Please continue to pray for no complications and speedy recovery!
(Steph came back on Mon. Brad and I got home finally on Thursday; originally planned on Tues that became a 1:00pm departure Wed that delayed until 6:00pm, when we arrived at our gate in Chicago we watched our flight back away and leave. There were no rental cars or hotels available because of the storm all day; we "slept" from 1:00am till 4:00am when they rousted us out of our cots. The GRR flight was delayed a half hour; then we sat on the runway for an hour -- we arrived finally Thurs 11:30am!! Whew. But it was worth it to see him and I think I'm back in the right time zone now!)
Thanks so much for all your prayers and support -- you are appreciated beyond words! Ü CA
P.S. I had hoped to have an address for Eric, but I'll send it when I get it.
[Click on the "login" tab above to log in and post.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment