Kuiphof Family Blog

Share your latest news and stories!

[Click on the "login" tab above to log in and post.]

Introducing Johanna Ruth Kuiper!

Just wanted to do a quick post to show you all pictures of our newest addition. Johanna Ruth Kuiper was born on August 23rd at 12:29am, weighing and measuring in at 8lb 2oz and 19 1/2in long. I went in for an induction at 8am on Friday because my blood pressure was steadily creeping up, and my doctor didn't want me to wake up one morning with a dangerous case of pre-eclampsia like I had with Adriana. It took me quite a while to progress from 2cm to 7cm, but once I hit 7cm it was only 20 minutes before she was she was out. My doctor almost didn't make it in time to catch her, and he was just waiting at the nurse's station a few feet away! Ben and I are enjoying the fact that she LOVES to sleep (4 hours last night, and we even got sleep while in the hospital!!). Adriana just adores her--she's a very helpful (though sometimes loud) big sister. We were able to come home Sunday afternoon and are quickly getting settled in (and soon I can actually finish unpacking the house now that I can move around better!) And just in case you didn't get an email a few months back, Johanna's full name means "God is a gracious friend".

So without further ado...



5 comments:

Christine said...

WOW.....YOU MAKE CUTE KIDS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Love, Uncle John & Aunt Chris

Sara said...

Congratulations Kuipers! Johanna is beautiful!!!

Janna said...

She's BEAUTIFUL you guys! :) I'm so glad that things went so well this time around and that you're home already... wow! What a blessing!

Maelynn Benham said...

Congratulations. God does wonderful things - like making beautiful little girls.
Love, Uncle George & Aunt Maelynn

Maelynn Benham said...

Congratulations. God does wonderful things - like making beautiful little girls.
Love, Uncle George & Aunt Maelynn

Followers: