Kuiphof Family Blog

Share your latest news and stories!

[Click on the "login" tab above to log in and post.]

Another trip up north...

... because we are slightly addicted to it... or at least my parents are! (I think this was their third time up there already this summer!) :) Last weekend, July 22-23, I went up north with my parents and Sara. (Dave had a fishing tournament in Ludington so she wanted to join us.) We had such a great time! I saw Esch Rd. beach for the first time... it's a well-kept secret up there!




I've been visiting that part of Michigan every year for practically my entire life... and we've only just found it. So if you've never been there... e-mail my dad and he can give you directions... or if you visit from afar... maybe we can take you up there! (Hey, any excuse to go back is a good one.) :)

We did the usual Traverse City area tour... visiting downtown T.C., then heading around to the little rock shop in Honor, and the towns of Empire, Glen Arbor, Glen Lake, Leland, Benzonia, etc. My favorite stops are the trail we hike on in Empire... b/c it has an unbelievable view...


View of Lake Michigan from the Empire
trail... this is about 300-400 feet
above the water at the top of a dune. :)


...and visiting Cherry Republic, Gwen Frostic's, and Glen Lake. Actually... all of it is my favorite. There are so many lifetime memories wrapped up in that area of Michigan... I absolutely LOVE going back each year! I hope that someday we can make it a new tradition to rent a cottage up there or something. It is so worth it! :)

1 comments:

Sara said...

To see more pictures of Esch Rd. beach and our trip up north, look at my pictures link on the right side of the page. :) -Sara

Followers: