I got the three roots taken out today. The doctor was really great and everything went really smoothly. He said that sometimes they need to cut off the cap of the tooth to get it out. Luckily, the mortar shrapnel did exactly that. Their methods are a little unorthodox, but you can't argue with the terrorist-dentist's results. I have antibiotics, antiinflammatory and pain killer pills to take now, and also a liquid antibiotic to gargle with.The doctor said that I need to come in for a check up next Monday, and if everything is going as planned there is no reason that I couldn't take my convalescent leave (up to 30 days). I just have to check with the other doctors about my hand and leg. I would like to stay out here and get everything taken care of, but there's nothing that can be done with the implant for at least 8 weeks. They might just let me go home and either fly me back to CA for the 2nd stage, or maybe a civilian dentist could finish it in MI. Right now the tentative plan is for me to take leave and come back to CA for the rest of the time, and then I could take regular leave and come back for a week or so every month, $$$ permitting.
That's about all that's going on right now, though I did sign up for a Disneyworld trip on the 21st of April (totally free, of course). My company is supposed to come back to 29 Palms (which is 147 miles and almost 3 hours away) mid-April, so I cannot wait to see everybody again. Hope everybody is doing well, and thanks for the e-mails and prayers.
Semper Fi,
Cpl. Holkeboer
[Click on the "login" tab above to log in and post.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment