I should be getting my roots removed Monday morning. I'm not sure if they'll start the implant then or if they have to wait. Either way, it'll be good to get this started.I got the staples in my leg and the sutures in my hand removed Friday. I'm a little paranoid about ripping things open, but I think it'll be fine.
I think I'll be in CA for at least 4 weeks. That's how long I need my boot thing on, and I think they scheduled my therapy for around 6 weeks. No word yet on when I'll be able to take some leave.
Things are getting better here. This week I got signed up to go to a high-class steakhouse and had one of the best meals of my life. It probably would have cost around $200, but a group called "Freedom Alliance" paid for everything and gave us stuff on top of that. They mostly do it so that they can sit down with wounded service members and talk to us and get us a good meal away from hospitals and stuff. It was a great night, and my year-long no alcohol streak came to an end in the form of two amaretto sours. There's a Disneyland trip I can sign up for, and I think I will. May as well take advantage of as much free fun as I can. If only I didn't have to use a wheelchair to go out in public. Oh well, it makes things interesting.
Eric
[Click on the "login" tab above to log in and post.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment